I’ve been giving a lot of thought to what I want to do for MoFo, and one change that I want to make around here is to start weekly features which will become permanent fixtures on the blog.
This is one of those features: Food for Thought Friday. Every Friday morning, I’ll be linking to 5 food-related blog posts I read that week so that you can have something interesting to read on Friday afternoon. They won’t always be their own posts—sometimes I will just tack them onto the bottom of whatever else I’m writing at the time.
- Recipe Headnotes: Do We Really Need Them at the kitchn.
- Magic Sauce Recipe at 101 Cookbooks.
- Jenna linked to this beautiful recipe for tofu “egg” foo yung on Pinterest, and I’ve been thinking about it ever since. It looks so easy! Egg foo yung was one of all my all-time favorite things to order at Chinese restaurants when I was growing up, but I’d never considered veganizing it.
- Portlanders, Northwest VEG is offering Veg 101 Classes, a 6-week series on vegetarianism.
- Finally: Vegan MoFo 2011 banners are here! They are super cute, of course, because Amanda made them!
What are you doing this weekend? Milo and I going to participate in the Sunday Parkways Northeast this Sunday, the last one of the year. I will be rollerskating, so please cross your fingers for me that I don’t eat it repeatedly in front of strangers.